GO to RihannaForums.com !!


    Rihanna's Citizenship

    avatar
    CaliDude
    Guest

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  CaliDude on Tue May 12, 2009 5:41 am

    Has Rihanna ever mentioned becoming a U.S.Citizen or having duel citizenship? I know she flies everywhere in the world but curious if anyone has heard her mention what her ultimate plans are. Even though she has the caribbean accent (please don't lose it Rihanna), sometimes you forget that she's from another country.
    titi
    titi

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  titi on Tue May 12, 2009 5:43 am

    Laughing no I haven't heard so...
    ~dtp~
    ~dtp~

    Posts : 233
    Join date : 2009-05-09
    Age : 29
    Location : Ft Myers!

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ~dtp~ on Tue May 12, 2009 5:47 am

    is it important?
    avatar
    CaliDude
    Guest

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  CaliDude on Tue May 12, 2009 6:32 am

    "is it important?"

    It is to me. After we meet and falls in love with me and wants to get married, i need to know this for legal purposes. I'm just trying to plan ahead.
    n i k k i
    n i k k i

    Posts : 296
    Join date : 2009-05-10
    Location : Under an umbrella.

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  n i k k i on Tue May 12, 2009 6:58 am

    Charles Hamilton.
    Get off this board. Shocked

    lol.
    avatar
    Kenny
    Guest

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Kenny on Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 am

    I know a few people who are trying to become citizens. It can be expensive to marry for citizenship.
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

    Posts : 341
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ishmarsha on Tue May 12, 2009 7:12 am

    i think shes just on a working permit, but mayb shes a permanent resident by now.
    MissTJay
    MissTJay

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  MissTJay on Tue May 12, 2009 7:26 am

    I'm disappointed Calidude. I thought you were an insider. I mean, didn't you say you were in the courtroom trimming Donald Etra's nosehairs and shielding Rih from falling objects (like mirrors...) during the earthquake last week? I thought you would know if she was allowed to bring edgy to America permanently or not. Sad
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

    Posts : 341
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ishmarsha on Tue May 12, 2009 7:32 am

    lol dead @ tj and that sideways crying smilie.
    Freshtodeath201
    Freshtodeath201

    Posts : 293
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Freshtodeath201 on Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 am

    MissTJay wrote:I'm disappointed Calidude. I thought you were an insider. I mean, didn't you say you were in the courtroom trimming Donald Etra's nosehairs and shielding Rih from falling objects (like mirrors...) during the earthquake last week? I thought you would know if she was allowed to bring edgy to America permanently or not. Sad

    [DEATH] CaliDude (Charles) I thought you were out inside since yall neighbors and everything!
    avatar
    CaliDude
    Guest

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  CaliDude on Tue May 12, 2009 8:38 am

    I'm just trying to kill time and have some fun regarding Rihanna until Galagos decides what he wants to do. Rihanna hasn't been around here much lately. Someone got to her. In all seriousness, Rihanna has a tough time ahead. Some people are trying to make life difficult for her. She doesn't know what to do. Her personal life is a mess. Rihanna abruptly ceased looking for a new house here, at least for the moment. There were people mentioning she was looking at apartments in N.Y. but i don't believe she will permanently live there, maybe just during the summer if at all. Everyone seems to think the court proceedings will ultimately end in a dismissal or misdemeanor but i think the state has other plans. Rihanna is acting very strangely. Normally i feel celebs' personal life should be personal, but i think in this case she needs to go on a reputable news/entertainment show or give an interview in a reputable news/entertainment magazine and clear the air for her fans. She needs to address the public about C.B. as well as the photos. Then she can concentrate on publicizing her upcoming record/tour. This way she won't be hounded with questions regarding her personal life, just on her career as the release date gates closer. But there's just too many unanswered questions surrounding her. She doesn't need this because this next record, if it's a disappointment, could put a screeching halt to her career. There are many people, who for various reasons, hate Rihanna. She has an uphill battle ahead.
    Freshtodeath201
    Freshtodeath201

    Posts : 293
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Freshtodeath201 on Tue May 12, 2009 9:01 am

    All Rihanna needs to address is:

    A. She's putting February 8th behind her and moving on with life.

    That is it. She does not need to give the public an episode of ALL ACCESS: International Pop Superstar Rihanna Opens Up About Her Personal Life For The Globe.

    She's never done it before, and she doesn't need to do it now. Yes an unfortunate event brought her personal life into the spotlight more than it already was, but she doesn't need to sit back and contribute to the ongoing coverage and public interest in it either. That would be given the public too much, and regardless of anything, she's a human being and she deserve some type of privacy whether people like it or not. As long as Rihanna puts her heart and dedication into her music, tours and other career moves,her fans will be right with her and ready to go along for the ride. Who cares if people don't like her. Rihanna has had intense haters since the Pon De Replay days and look at where she is now. The right single, promotional tour, and interviews will have her right back to where she left off. People are tired of this situation. You can read it in the commentary on the blogs and main media sites. They're tired of the situation, the case, and the constant talk about it. It's time to move on, it really is.
    avatar
    CaliDude
    Guest

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  CaliDude on Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 am

    She's never done before because she's never had to. A lot of people know Rihanna not from her music but because she was beaten to a pulp by her celeb boyfriend and her swollem image flashed upon the screen. And now she's in the news for another non musical reason. These two "issues" represent, to many people, a serious deficiency in character. Her character is in question from the nude pics as well as her decision, at least to many people, of taking back a women beater. Her character need not be in question when you are about to finish an album and try to sell tickets to her tour. Most of her tour is in the U.S. She will be scrutinized not only how well the album does or how she performs in concert, but lingering questions about her personal life. All she needs to do is clear the air about her relationship with C.B. as well as the pics. She can say she will only talk about it once and be done with it. But negative publicity, do to the lack of acknowledgement of these issues from Rihanna, will hurt her in the long run.
    Lnab
    Lnab

    Posts : 61
    Join date : 2009-05-10

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Lnab on Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

    Who knows if she got citizenship....

    But noting that she works in the USA, i don't think there's a chance of her EVER going back to barbados to live, so most likely she had a US passport/Visa and ID card ...... she knows ppl now if she was an ordinary person she would have gotten trouble but i do believe she is an american citizen as of now but who knows.....

    The same thing goes for my cousin she is an american, but is an barbadian citizen..... she has a barbadian ID and passport....
    darkchocolate
    darkchocolate

    Posts : 95
    Join date : 2009-05-09
    Location : E.London

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  darkchocolate on Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 pm

    this is a random question... does she pay tax?
    Tamara
    Tamara

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Tamara on Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 pm

    MissTJay wrote:I'm disappointed Calidude. I thought you were an insider. I mean, didn't you say you were in the courtroom trimming Donald Etra's nosehairs and shielding Rih from falling objects (like mirrors...) during the earthquake last week? I thought you would know if she was allowed to bring edgy to America permanently or not. Sad

    deaddd ...
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

    Posts : 341
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ishmarsha on Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm

    darkchocolate wrote:this is a random question... does she pay tax?
    ofcourse! she should, or the tax officer or whateva u call them would be coming for her.
    darkchocolate
    darkchocolate

    Posts : 95
    Join date : 2009-05-09
    Location : E.London

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  darkchocolate on Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 pm

    ishmarsha wrote:
    darkchocolate wrote:this is a random question... does she pay tax?
    ofcourse! she should, or the tax officer or whateva u call them would be coming for her.


    lol a very random qusetion...i dont know why asked.
    what weird day!!!
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

    Posts : 341
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ishmarsha on Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 pm

    Lnab wrote:Who knows if she got citizenship....

    But noting that she works in the USA, i don't think there's a chance of her EVER going back to barbados to live, so most likely she had a US passport/Visa and ID card ...... she knows ppl now if she was an ordinary person she would have gotten trouble but i do believe she is an american citizen as of now but who knows.....

    The same thing goes for my cousin she is an american, but is an barbadian citizen..... she has a barbadian ID and passport....
    surprisingly her passport still bajan, and she got that new passport the ambassador one, or whateva u call it with ppl who has "status" here.
    Lnab
    Lnab

    Posts : 61
    Join date : 2009-05-10

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Lnab on Tue May 12, 2009 8:51 pm

    ishmarsha wrote:
    Lnab wrote:Who knows if she got citizenship....

    But noting that she works in the USA, i don't think there's a chance of her EVER going back to barbados to live, so most likely she had a US passport/Visa and ID card ...... she knows ppl now if she was an ordinary person she would have gotten trouble but i do believe she is an american citizen as of now but who knows.....

    The same thing goes for my cousin she is an american, but is an barbadian citizen..... she has a barbadian ID and passport....
    surprisingly her passport still bajan, and she got that new passport the ambassador one, or whateva u call it with ppl who has "status" here.

    haha girl her passport must got so many effing stamps the girl dont stay home.. anyhow, you know ppl have the tendency to have more that one my aunt does and she 's an american citizen both bajan and american passports.... and driver lisences but who knows, rihanna must or must not have got her green card yet LMAO, she better watch out before she get deport LMAO
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

    Posts : 341
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ishmarsha on Tue May 12, 2009 8:54 pm

    lol she aint gonna get deported, shes on a working permit atleast, def jam takes care of that shit for her.
    lauren--x
    lauren--x

    Posts : 352
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  lauren--x on Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 pm

    TJ!!!!!!!!! mfao.

    *drags u backwards out of the thread by ur ear*
    heybuddy
    heybuddy

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  heybuddy on Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 pm

    TJ LOL!!

    hmm she might not be a citzen .. lord my fam has been in this country for like a lil over 20 years and just received their citizenship last year and my dad like last month lol .. theyve been here legally though but their citizenship kept getting put off -____- @ America at times but yea ... now they have their lil u.s. passports and what not lol ... 1 of my bros passport took so long because he was born in the BVI & the british didnt wanna accept him so he had no country lmao
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

    Posts : 341
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  ishmarsha on Tue May 12, 2009 10:21 pm

    heybuddy wrote:TJ LOL!!

    hmm she might not be a citzen .. lord my fam has been in this country for like a lil over 20 years and just received their citizenship last year and my dad like last month lol .. theyve been here legally though but their citizenship kept getting put off -____- @ America at times but yea ... now they have their lil u.s. passports and what not lol ... 1 of my bros passport took so long because he was born in the BVI & the british didnt wanna accept him so he had no country lmao
    lol dead @ ur bro having no country to call home!
    heybuddy
    heybuddy

    Posts : 142
    Join date : 2009-05-09

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  heybuddy on Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 pm

    Gurl it was funny as hell ... like they had changed some law and my bro just happened to be bornt he year after ... so they were like hes not British lol .. they were tryna make him go live there for a year ... so my parents just made him Grenadian and changed everything thru there lol

    Sponsored content

    Rihanna's Citizenship Empty Re: Rihanna's Citizenship

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:21 pm