Rihanna Interactive - Temporary Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GO to RihannaForums.com !!

+5
n i k k i
TakeABow2
~dtp~
Channy<3
GIRLICIOUS
9 posters

Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back?

princess

Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back? Empty Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back?

Post  princess Sun May 10, 2009 7:51 pm

This situation is sooo f*cked she has just made a come back after months out of the public spotlight now these pictures leak its so unfair. At first I was worried these nude images really could f*ck up her career but now I actually dn't think it will at the end of the day if miley cyrus can bounce back sooo can she..... miley's got alot younger fanbase. Rihanna's strong I think she will defo bounce right back up but I don't know how, personally I'm not actually bothered by these pictures of her proberly because I'm really liberal but I didn't expect this from her either way I still support her. I think first of all she should sue TMZ (I f*ckin hate that site they ruin the music)and then get to the bottem who did this and how....

How do you think she will bounce back or how you think she should?
    CaliDude

Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back? Empty Re: Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back?

Post  CaliDude Sun May 10, 2009 11:21 pm

First of all, Rihanna will be fine. She's finishing her album and will tour N.A. this fall. Her tour will sell out and also garner exposure from people who only know her thru the incidents. But the new album MUST kill. If it gets good reviews she will be on her way back and will only get better, including possible movie projects. If the album is a disappointment, well, she will have a hard time coming back. People won't take her seriously as an artist, just someone who gets all this publicity but doesn't have the talent to match.
    She also must NOT get back to C.B. If she does her career will be over no matter what the album sales are. She also needs to get away from pop and get back to her first 2 albums. No more "Breaking Dishes".....more "Coulda Been The One" type songs.
    Everyone has to keep in mind that Rihanna is in a precarious position. Many people and critics dismiss Rihanna as having "Style but no substance". She needs this new album to quiet the critics. I hope her new album hits the mark, and she dumps C.B.....then Rihanna can have a bright future in the industry. Anything short of that will be a tough road to haul.
    jax

Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back? Empty Re: Hows rihanna gotta come over this, can she bounce back?

Post  jax Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 pm

wow rihanna is gettin talked about real decent! by chris brown dancers!! they have a live chat room was was talkin bout the picuters and how one of chris dancer helen (tery songz ex) said rihanna really crazy and bossed chris around and hitts on cb in an interview she did ....n the video the dancers says rihanna is really crazy n contoling and one of the cb dancers called rihanna a indian bitch and talked about melissa i saw the video... skip to 4;43
    jax

Post  jax Sun May 10, 2009 11:32 pm

justin.tv/clip/bb22e4a8dd8b3038
    GIRLICIOUS

Post  GIRLICIOUS Sun May 10, 2009 11:37 pm

@CaliDude I agree for the most part but HELL NO to her getting away from pop. GGGB was more successful than her other albums because of the new pop sound/ image. Why would she do that? Her sound separates her from all these other chicks. You know how many of these girls WISH they could pull off the pop sound Rih does. If she goes back to the old sound more similar to a lot of chicks in the game it would be huge steps back in my opinion.

Shocked I refuse to watch the video of Chris' dancers talking about her. SMH it'll probably be all over the blogs by tomorrow. If Rihanna was that bad to him he could have dumped her.
    CaliDude

Post  CaliDude Mon May 11, 2009 12:34 am

@Girlicious

I am in the "industry" out here and can tell you that Rihanna will only go so far if she stays with the Miley Cyrus type of fan. They only stick for so long as they get older. She needs to connect to the 20ish urban black and latino dance crowd which will also include the hipper white audience. Rihanna is going to lose many of her suburban white teenage fans because of Feb.8th and the nude pics. She must write most of her own songs with an edgier feel to be taken seriously. I know what many of the inside critics say about her. She has everyone else write songs for her, she chooses pop because she feels uncomfortable dancing on stage etc. They say she poses on stage and has no emotion because the songs don't come from her heart. Her fans in the audience are mostly screaming white girls. I've been at a couple of award shows where she performed and most of the audience was just sitting there, there was no connection to her music, people were saying she just dresses in costumes and poses. I love a lot of Rihanna's songs, but most of them are the early stuff like "We Ride", "Coulda Been The One", "Happy" etc. songs that have a beat, songs that can play in clubs for more exposure. She did a reggae version of "Unfaithful" in Jamaica which killed. But she was told to go "pop" for the B. Spears crowd, she got away from her caribbean flavor sound. Rihanna needs to reinvent herself given the current circumstances. She needs now more than ever to be taken seriously as an artist. This can only be done by writing her own personal songs that reasonate with people, songs that come from deep inside her. If she can get good reviews on her songwriting everything else will fall in place. But she has to get past the Dominatrix outfits and singing about dishes. She has a unique voice that can be more utilized on edgier songs. Rihanna isn't Beyonce, she doesn't have the vocal range, the dance moves, or, as of yet, acting ability. Rihanna's career is more fragile.....doesn't matter how many gold records she has had in the past, this coming album/tour as well as her realationship with Brown, will make or break her career. This business is called a business for a reason.
    princess

Post  princess Mon May 11, 2009 2:50 am

I think rihanna should go for a more punky edgy sound than all her albums put together or maybe even go for it and try a really new sound like indie,drum&bass/dudstep,new wave bassline (though I doubt she would lol). Rihanna is a pop artist not a urban one (that one was forced by def ham at beginning of her career) and her fanbase is mostly white teenage girls which is really good on terms of record sales and other stuff she puts out there because girls wanna be just like these pop stars. Her sound really appeals to an international audience really well. I also think she should go back to doing more reggae music maybe mixing it up and making ska music like kisses don't lie because there ain't many artists out there doing that at the moment and rihanna does it really well. This next album will really have to be the sh*t! Plus it will be more differcult this time round with newer artists like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry around.... & Lady Gaga is really rocking the music scene right now.
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Post  Channy<3 Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 am

all these damn essays ..
    i think not .
    Shocked

*exits thread*
    princess

Post  princess Mon May 11, 2009 2:55 am

Rihanna should also start writing songs Wink people really do take you seriously when you do that, I think thats why everyone here in the UK has really taken to Lady gaga so much because she wrote all her songs on her album and there ain't many pop artists out there that do that.
    ~dtp~
    ~dtp~

Post  ~dtp~ Mon May 11, 2009 3:18 am

um no... Rihanna is Pop/R&B...she still has some urban influences (Lemme Get That..Say It...Sell Me Candy...Umbrella etc)

Post  2190 Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 am

at Calidude... i disagree with u on some points... saying that rihanan will loose her white fans and shit and how she will only go soo far with them is bull... i mean look at ms britney spears... shes been goin wit em for 10 hard years, there still with her even after her crazy years. And also look at everyone else who is R&B in the industry , alot of them r trying to go mainstream and target the white population... ex... amerie, beyonce , ciara.... soo rihanna goin back to MOS and AGLM days will ruin her.
    TakeABow2
    TakeABow2

Post  TakeABow2 Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 am

~dtp~ wrote:um no... Rihanna is Pop/R&B...she still has some urban influences (Lemme Get That..Say It...Sell Me Candy...Umbrella etc)

Co-signs. HTILY and TAB as well. I think Rih needs to stick to the Pop/R&B formula but she absolutely has to start writing again.
    n i k k i
    n i k k i

Post  n i k k i Mon May 11, 2009 3:35 am

Channy<3 wrote:all these damn essays ..
    i think not .
    Shocked

*exits thread*

So true.
    I'm like wtf.

If she can bounce back from being whooped
    she can bounce back from anything.
    CaliDude

Post  CaliDude Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 am

at Calidude... "i disagree with u on some points... saying that rihanan will loose her white fans and shit and how she will only go soo far with them is bull... i mean look at ms britney spears... shes been goin wit em for 10 hard years, there still with her even after her crazy years. And also look at everyone else who is R&B in the industry , alot of them r trying to go mainstream and target the white population... ex... amerie, beyonce , ciara.... soo rihanna goin back to MOS and AGLM days will ruin her."

Britney is a joke, she's a joke to the music industry, is that what you would like for Rihanna?
    Beyonce has and will always have a large urban fan base. Beyonce sings the "Dangerously in Love" songs for the white audience and "Deja Vu" for the urban crowd. Her songs play on urban and pop stations. Amerie was popular when she did the urban dance songs, she's been nowhere since. Same with Ciera, see her on SNL last night? She can't sing for $hit, but trying for the dance crowd, especially getting JT on the song.
    Go to youtube, look at the responses from people saying she should have stuck with the older stuff.I'm not saying she should go gangsta rap, i'm saying she needs to do a Mary J. Blige.....write songs about the pain she's been thru so that ALL audiences can connect. Beyonce, Mariah Carey, M.J.B.,etc are popular with all groups. Rihanna won't have a lasting career if she keeps wearing the Barbarian Queen outfits and sings songs about getting rid of cheaters yet takes back beaters. This is not pre feb.8th, this is a whole new ballgame for her. She must deliver. Hopefully some of her new songs will have a harder edgier feel.
    Freshtodeath201
    Freshtodeath201

Post  Freshtodeath201 Mon May 11, 2009 5:26 am

LMFAO!! I'm sorry but people are really getting over the fact of whether she's with this dude or not. Rihanna work with some great producers, say what you feel you need to say on this album, break out the Dream, Tricky, Ne-Yo for some help, advice and direction. Work with Yeezy, Timbo, and all of the greats like you've been doing so far and is doing right now, and do your damn thing. She'll be fine! Rihanna doesn't even have that type of look or sound to be making some record like she's sitting in a damn room, in the dark, staring at the wall with mascara running down her face, pale skin and looking like she's about to hang herself. No thanks! There are enough artists out there like that. Leave that to Mary J. Blige. She's the best at it anyway.

Post  2190 Mon May 11, 2009 5:30 am

@ cali dude

would i like rihanna to have a longass career liek brithey, yeee i do
    what rihanna needs to become, and so far is becoming is the perfect mix between britney and beyonce and that seems to be what def jam is going to aim for in this next album.... and btw i also agree that ri shud be writing and from wt iv heard she is..
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Post  Channy<3 Mon May 11, 2009 5:34 am

i think she's tryna be the next madonna if anything ..
    i'd LOVE for to have madonna's success ..
    Very Happy
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Post  Channy<3 Mon May 11, 2009 5:36 am

Freshtodeath201 wrote:LMFAO!! I'm sorry but people are really getting over the fact of whether she's with this dude or not. Rihanna work with some great producers, say what you feel you need to say on this album, break out the Dream, Tricky, Ne-Yo for some help, advice and direction. Work with Yeezy, Timbo, and all of the greats like you've been doing so far and is doing right now, and do your damn thing. She'll be fine! Rihanna doesn't even have that type of look or sound to be making some record like she's sitting in a damn room, in the dark, staring at the wall with mascara running down her face, pale skin and looking like she's about to hang herself. No thanks! There are enough artists out there like that. Leave that to Mary J. Blige. She's the best at it anyway.

DEATHHHH at that whole damn sentence ..
    you done just killed me for tonight ..
    thankxxx ..

and aren't you a mary stan ?
    Shocked
    Freshtodeath201
    Freshtodeath201

Post  Freshtodeath201 Mon May 11, 2009 5:40 am

Channy<3 wrote:
    Freshtodeath201 wrote:LMFAO!! I'm sorry but people are really getting over the fact of whether she's with this dude or not. Rihanna work with some great producers, say what you feel you need to say on this album, break out the Dream, Tricky, Ne-Yo for some help, advice and direction. Work with Yeezy, Timbo, and all of the greats like you've been doing so far and is doing right now, and do your damn thing. She'll be fine! Rihanna doesn't even have that type of look or sound to be making some record like she's sitting in a damn room, in the dark, staring at the wall with mascara running down her face, pale skin and looking like she's about to hang herself. No thanks! There are enough artists out there like that. Leave that to Mary J. Blige. She's the best at it anyway.

DEATHHHH at that whole damn sentence ..
    you done just killed me for tonight ..
    thankxxx ..

and aren't you a mary stan ?
    Shocked

YUP! which is why I said she's best at it! Lmfaooo
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Post  Channy<3 Mon May 11, 2009 5:42 am

DEATH .
    Laughing

i knew it ..
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Post  Channy<3 Mon May 11, 2009 5:44 am

omg olga ..
    we ain't talked in soooo long ..

remember when we use to u2u every single day ?
    lol!
    kenyanpebbles
    kenyanpebbles

Post  kenyanpebbles Mon May 11, 2009 5:45 am

rihanna's comeback? hmm
    come back with top hits like she usually does
    write songs so we can relate to her
    keep doing what she do

Post  2190 Mon May 11, 2009 5:48 am

all this talk bout her hit nd album make me so damm excited

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

y dont they clap?
    Freshtodeath201
    Freshtodeath201

Post  Freshtodeath201 Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 am

Channy<3 wrote:omg olga ..
    we ain't talked in soooo long ..

remember when we use to u2u every single day ?
    lol!

LMFAOOO @ you and that smiley! But yes I miss it!! pale UGHH!! I want the real board back, not this George Bush recession board!
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Post  Channy<3 Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 am

@2190 ..

you gone make tj come in here laughing lol .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am