GO to RihannaForums.com !!

is this true how barbados treat her

megxo
    megxo

is this true how barbados treat her Empty is this true how barbados treat her

Post  megxo on Mon May 25, 2009 4:17 pm

from wiki by the wayy but its intresting!!

Relations with Barbados

Rihanna is heavily involved in the marketing of her hometown Barbados.She began by including the flag and trident in many of her videos, also shooting her album packaging for A Girl Like Me there.In September 2007, she became the official face of tourism for Barbados, being included in many of their ad campaigns. She is currently sitting as an Ambassador for Culture and Youth. She was then honored with a national holiday in her home country of Barbados called "Rihanna Day", on February 2008. Regardless, In February 2008, Rihanna thanked her country and honoured them during the acceptance speech for her win of "Best Rap/Sung Collaboration" at the Grammy Awards.

Although, Rihanna is heavily involved in the promotion of her country and works with the guvernment in Barbados to do so, she is constantly criticized and ridiculed for everything from her music, her successes and for wearing "skimpy clothes". They also mentioned that Rihanna was too young for Def Jam to push her as a "sex symbol", making a plea that she cover up. The media and National Newspaper constantly make personal attacks and have shown lack of support and encouragement. Rihanna spoke out against the scrutiny to Entertainment Weekly stating, "They all hate me. I didn’t have to talk about them. I didn’t have to even mention that I’m from Barbados. But I do and people kind of take it for granted. They hate me. They talk s— about me all the time. But I’m like, ”Whatever. I’m still doing this cause I love to do it and you’re not going to stop me". Media fought back with letters to Rihanna publicly via there national newspaper, "[what she said] sounds as if though she is doing us a favour. If God didn't give us a Rihanna, he would have given us someone else. So don't ever for a second get to thinking you are irreplaceable, Rihanna" and "Her putting Barbados on the map is nonsense. Barbados was well on the map before she came along; and will be when she is gone". Her mentor and music producer Evan Rogers spoke out to the media stating that Rihanna subsequently "formed her impression of any Bajan dislike from the reception she received at the recent Barbados Music Awards where," according to Rogers, "It was disappointing the way some people reacted as if they were almost rooting against her".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rihanna
    n i k k i
    n i k k i

is this true how barbados treat her Empty Re: is this true how barbados treat her

Post  n i k k i on Mon May 25, 2009 4:22 pm

"So don't ever for a second get to thinking you are irreplaceable,"

LMAO that one line made that whole thing fake.

I heard about Barbados hating on her though.
    But on Feb. 21 when she went there
    after the grammy win and all those people were
    there rooting for her I assume that was swashed.

Last edited by n i k k i on Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    umbrella-ella-ey
    umbrella-ella-ey

is this true how barbados treat her Empty Re: is this true how barbados treat her

Post  umbrella-ella-ey on Mon May 25, 2009 4:41 pm

n i k k i wrote:"So don't ever for a second get to thinking you are irreplaceable,"

LMAO that one line made that whole thing fake.

co-sign
    I was like, wait this line is familiar ahaha!
    miguellopez

Post  miguellopez on Mon May 25, 2009 5:06 pm

this is so old. please stop bringing up old nonsense.

not everybody in america like britney spears, not everybody in barbados will like rihanna, not everybody in america likes beyonce, not everybody in america likes barack obama, not everybody in america like george bush.

so please dont come wid the nonsense. one cannot expect everybody to like those people.
    lauren--x
    lauren--x

Post  lauren--x on Mon May 25, 2009 5:08 pm

*diees @ the snide beyonce line*

Angie wrote this.

or Matthew Knowles
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

Post  ishmarsha on Mon May 25, 2009 5:16 pm

no one really checks rih for her skimpy clothes no more, it was all those old wrinkle up ppl in bim having a prob with that, psssh whateva at them. they from the 1600s. as miguel said some ppl not gonna like rihanna, but a good of bajans like her. i didnt even read all of that. just seemed kinda fake.
    Amy-RWA

Post  Amy-RWA on Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Meh......

miguellopez wrote:this is so old. please stop bringing up old nonsense.

not everybody in america like britney spears, not everybody in barbados will like rihanna, not everybody in america likes beyonce, not everybody in america likes barack obama, not everybody in america like george bush.

so please dont come wid the nonsense. one cannot expect everybody to like those people.

Yeah NOONE likes George Bush! lol

And ur tellin other ppl to stop bringin up old nonsense??? LMFAOOO DEEEEEADDDD!!!
    Riri213

Post  Riri213 on Mon May 25, 2009 8:16 pm

um Rihanna didn't put Barbados on the map?!

child please. I didn't know where Barbados was before she came along. As did many people. No offense to the Bajans here cuz I love ya'll.
    demmi

Post  demmi on Mon May 25, 2009 8:52 pm

Barbados is no different from any other place. We have our haters too. The problem with haters is their voice is twenty times as loud as any one else.

Ours is a conservative society and we can be hypocritical with it.

The truth is that the haters talk about her but the guys love her and the girls wear her hair styles some of the older people tend to forget what they were like when they were younger and get on like if they were always old and dead.

I am twenty - three and me and most of my friends think she is the bomb the others just not that interested. My Boyfriend thought she was cool but he is really pissed about the whole CB thing but most of the guys are.

My uncle plays her music in his car all the time he has a copy of her GGGB Vid in his car and plays it for every one who is stupid enough to drive in it with him.

I think she is more liked than hated its just not something you talk about.

Ri is Ri she is ours we don\'t brag about her but when she does good we are glad for her and when she does bad we are the first to be disappointed but she is still bajan and one of us.

Also I have discovered that a lot of people here who say they hate her are telling lies they secretly love her but feel they would look dumb saying so, after I start staning they admit that they like her too.

I don\'t know if this help or not.

Last edited by demmi on Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ishmarsha
    ishmarsha

Post  ishmarsha on Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm

demmi wrote:Barbados is no different from any other place. We have our haters too. The problem with haters is their voice is twenty times as loud as any one else.

Ours is a conservative society and we can be hypocritical with it.

The truth is that the haters talk about her but the guys love her and the girls wear her hair styles some of the older people tend to forget what they were like when they were younger and get on like if they were always old and dead.

I am twenty - three and me and most of my friends think she is the bomb the others just not that interested. My Boyfriend thought she was cool but he is really pissed about the whole CB thing but most of the guys are.

My uncle plays her music in his car all the time he has a copy of her GGGB Vid in his car and plays it for every one who is stupid enough to drive in it with him.

I think she is more liked than hated its just not something you talk about.

Ri is Ri she is ours we don't brag about her but when she does good we are glad for her and when she does bad we are the first to be disappointed but she is still bajan and one of us.

I don't know if this help or not.
    hahaaaaaaaahahaa that made me crack up.......hahaaaaaaa

yea basically what u said, i really close out nething or mostly what those old folks be saying, and then they are some plain old haters,smh.
    demmi

Post  demmi on Mon May 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Riri213 wrote:um Rihanna didn't put Barbados on the map?!

child please. I didn't know where Barbados was before she came along. As did many people. No offense to the Bajans here cuz I love ya'll.

I love Ri skippy clothes I love daring it is the thing I missed the most she tended to tone it down when she was with CB and even now she still plays it safer than I would like but these are still delicate times maybe she will go back to the short short skirts
    heybuddy
    heybuddy

Post  heybuddy on Mon May 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Shooooo ol' west indians always have a problem lol ... I remember when we bouy a dress for my cousins wedding up here & sent it down for her. It was a halter dress and hear my great aunt na

"Ahh! She gone out wit all she back expose, wha she tink dis is!?"

When I was home I gave that comment one loud stupse, I wouldn't dare attempt that n her presence tho lol.

And guys anyone can edit wikipedia. People mess with articles all the time lol. And yup not everyone gunna like her. That's life. There's going to be those that can't stand her n those that love her beyond reason. That's just the way the cookie crumbles LOL
    rosiemae

Post  rosiemae on Mon May 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Since this is from Wikipedia anyone could have written it. My guess is this was written by a Beyonce stan.
    GIRLICIOUS

Post  GIRLICIOUS on Mon May 25, 2009 10:24 pm

That "Irreplaceable" line was probably added but I remember reading the interview of her saying this about them always having a problem with something she's doing.
    n i k k i
    n i k k i

Post  n i k k i on Mon May 25, 2009 10:55 pm

GIRLICIOUS wrote:That "Irreplaceable" line was probably added but I remember reading the interview of her saying this about them always having a problem with something she's doing.

I remember too.
    That's why I said since
    that grammy win I assume
    they swashed that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:09 pm