GO to RihannaForums.com !!

Whats the price of fame?

ThaDon

Whats the price of fame? Empty Whats the price of fame?

Post  ThaDon on Sun May 17, 2009 2:25 am

Since this is discussion I think we can discuss this here..

Recently I heard a great tack of Eminem called My Darling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTJSJyJgqc in here Eminem talks about how the devil gives you fame but ruins your life at the same time. You know how a lot of big superstars always go through controversial situations, in particular as it is said in this track Eminem lost his wife his life and his best friend, Rihanna now is goin through tough times in her life and it all happened after she became a big superstar,
    In one part of the song the evil tells him: Remember that night when you prayed to God you would give anythin to get a record deal? Look at this house look at this cars theyre so nice oh oh but you didnt know fame has a price too?
    And in the chorus the evil tells him:
    My darling I dont ever want you to leave me
    My darling you and me were meant to be together
    My darling and if I can not have you no one can you
    My darling cuz I posses your soul, your mind, your heart and your body

Do fame really has a price? Any thoughts?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW this is kind off topic but this new Eminem track kinda reminds me of what Rihanna is goin through and its very dope too its called Beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNhpYvWSkTM

in my shoes, just to see
    what its like, to be me
    Ill be you, lets trade shoes
    just to see what id be like
    to feel your pain, you feel mine
    go inside eachothers minds
    just to see what we'd find
    look at shit through eachothers eyes
    But don't let them say you ain't beautiful
    they can all get fucked just stay true to you
    don't let them say you ain't beautiful
    they can all get fucked just stay true to you

Last edited by ThaDon on Sun May 17, 2009 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Channy<3
    Channy<3

Whats the price of fame? Empty Re: Whats the price of fame?

Post  Channy<3 on Sun May 17, 2009 2:37 am

Shocked
    woahh .. that's deep .

idk what to say lol .
    GIRLICIOUS

Post  GIRLICIOUS on Sun May 17, 2009 2:45 am

Shocked Good topic! I'm so shocked. I'll be back with a post. I'm at a loss for words right now. Shocked
    n i k k i
    n i k k i

Post  n i k k i on Sun May 17, 2009 2:56 am

Boy yes there's a price for everything.
    CaliDude

Post  CaliDude on Sun May 17, 2009 10:24 am

No, fame doesn't have a price, it's just magnified because they are "fame"ous. It just means they are human beings like the rest of us. Eminem lost his wife, his life and best friend? People every day lose their wives, their husbands, children, and best friends.
    I love Rihanna like the rest of you, but her tough times, like being beaten by a husband or lover happens every day but those women don't have fan boards supporting them. Many of those women find themselves alone. The nude pics in my mind are harmless, but she did choose to use her cell phone, which is so easy to hack it's rediculous.
    In many ways, a normal person going thru tough times would welcome "fame", since you would be guaranteed help if you so desire. You would have the resources to help you with a loss of a loved one or rehab should it be a substance abuse problem as examples. Hell, they even have reality shows for celebs going thru tough times.
    My point is fame doesn't cause you any more problems than anywhere else, it just comes down to personal responsibilty. Rihanna is a beautiful and talented superstar, but she shouldn't be put on a pedestal whenever something goes wrong, same with any other celebrity. I know a lot of people in here will say "poor thing" regarding Rihanna and her beating. That's fine, i'm 100% for that, but let's not lose the fact that there are many, many, many women who would love to here someone say to them "poor thing" to give them a show of support. many of them don't even have that.
    ~dtp~
    ~dtp~

Post  ~dtp~ on Sun May 17, 2009 11:10 am

no Calidude, ur wrong...Fame does have a price...the price being that you lose privacy....u can't doing anything w/o people being in ya business...u can't go to the mall by urself w/o the 'razzis in ya face...another one is you got the public eye on you....it can be a benefit and a curse, if u do good they praise u but once u slip up...those same people judge you and bring you down..even if it was jus rumors....another one is u got to be consistent and try to stay relevant to the public if you want to continue the fame or else somebody else might take ya spot....so that's Price of Fame....

-----------------------

Rihanna jus feel pressure from fame...let it be now than later
    Freshtodeath201
    Freshtodeath201

Post  Freshtodeath201 on Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 am

I know a lot of people in here will say "poor thing" regarding Rihanna and her beating. That's fine, i'm 100% for that, but let's not lose the fact that there are many, many, many women who would love to here someone say to them "poor thing" to give them a show of support. many of them don't even have that.

And that's the problem now, because Rihanna didn't ask for that, nor did she behave like she wanted it. That's one of the prices of fame, having people in your personal business. Rather than people sticking to enjoying everything she does career wise, they'd also like to have imput and control over her personal life as well.I'm sure she did not like the ass whooping she recieved from the media for months, and is still recieving up until this day about a personal situation.
    CaliDude

Post  CaliDude on Sun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm

"Rihanna jus feel pressure from fame...let it be now than later"

Pressure from fame? She knew getting into this business that it can bring you down. She said in an interview a couple of years ago that she learned that there will be people who judge her every move no matter what she does and to accept that as part as being famous and not to let it bother her.
    When Chris Brown beat the shit out of her it was her fame that got the pic released. Otherwise she would still be getting the shit knocked out of her in the privacy of her own home. Fame may have saved her life. When she was in NYC two weeks ago she was tearing up the place. She was everywhere. Then the pics came out and she disappeared for about 8 days. Yes, fame allowed someone to leak the photos for a price, but again, if she wasn't so stupid by taking nude pics on a god damn cell phone, where they can easily be hacked,it was her own damn fault. It goes back to personal resposibilty. That's too bad she or any other famous person can't get their mail in peace, this is not a revelation, the more famous you are the more attention brought upon you. There are many singers who would love the paps to take their pics coming out of KFC, but they don't have the fame.
    Losing privacy? When did you just find this out? Athletes, politicians, entertainers, expect to lose their privacy. But only in the public eye. There are laws that protect famous people from privacy when they are in private. It's a two way street...celebrities also use the "razzies" to promote themselves. You think Rihanna didn't use the press when she was every fuckin' place where cameras were? She used the press which was a good move on her part. She got people talking about her on a positive light, mostly about fashion. You can't have it one way. When Rihanna decides to promote her new album what is she going to do? Well, do interviews, press,appear on talk shows, be photographed etc. Celebs use their fame to become more famous. Rihanna can and does have a personal life. She disappeared for over a week. But Rihanna likes to fly off to god knows where on a whim. She creates less privacy for herself by doing this. She doesn't have any problem going to a restuarant or club here in L.A. It doesn't get in the way. So what if she has a picture taken of her at an outside table eating pasta. Nothing is impeeding her, same with clubs, she isn't forced to leave early because everyone is in her way. Rihanna isn't really bothered by all this because she knows she needs them just as much as they need her.
    Tyree

Whats the price of fame? Empty Price Of Fame?

Post  Tyree on Sun May 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Bow has a whole album dedicated to this very topic.
    high

Post  high on Sun May 17, 2009 6:49 pm

cali you actually make good points
    lauren--x
    lauren--x

Post  lauren--x on Sun May 17, 2009 7:11 pm

I really like the song Beautiful i had it on repeat soon as it leaked.

Anywho...regarding Rihanna.

I think at the end of the day it just depends how much you enjoy doing what you do.

Fame has the price of losing your privacy..it magnifies the hate in your life, aswell as the love.
    The price of fame is privacy because if you were to walk away from fame, your never really gonna get the full meaning of privacy back...ever.

If getting up on stage and performing, having thousands of people screaming your name, having masses amounts of money, having people wait on you 24/7, having the ability to go anywhere, knowing millions of people are buying the stuff you put out, getting to walk the red carpet in new clothes, meeting other stars... is beneficial enough to overweigh the hatin and the lack of privacy and all the other negatives fame brings then, everythin is okay. Cause you know what you want and when u get it, you forget about the negatives.

This goes 4 any celeb, if you don't want that fame nomore, then you can walk away. It's prolly gonna follow you for a long time but shit no1 has to keep it fully.

Last edited by lauren--x on Sun May 17, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lauren--x
    lauren--x

Post  lauren--x on Sun May 17, 2009 7:18 pm

And yeah u all make good points but we say Rihanna knew what she had in store becoming famous, sure we all know the issues but she was what 16, 17?

It's still very young. I;m sure she was very aware of the prive you pay, doesn't mean she knew she would feel it on such a strong level. I;m sure if asked she wouldn't change anything but...doesn't mean she was fully prepared for fame like this.
    ~dtp~
    ~dtp~

Post  ~dtp~ on Sun May 17, 2009 7:21 pm

lauren--x wrote:And yeah u all make good points but we say Rihanna knew what she had in store becoming famous, sure we all know the issues but she was what 16, 17?

It's still very young. I;m sure she was very aware of the prive you pay, doesn't mean she knew she would feel it on such a strong level. I;m sure if asked she wouldn't change anything but...doesn't mean she was fully prepared for fame like this.

exactly what I was saying...Like she feeling such pressure for example...when she took back Chris...everybody was on her case...she had to stop hanging with him so people wouldn't judge her...Fame is not always good...annnnnnd she has song about it on Question Existing...
    TakeABow2
    TakeABow2

Post  TakeABow2 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:23 pm

lauren--x wrote:And yeah u all make good points but we say Rihanna knew what she had in store becoming famous, sure we all know the issues but she was what 16, 17?

I agree. I'm sure Rih was fully aware of the price of fame beforehand but until she actually experienced it, she really had no idea.
    lauren--x
    lauren--x

Post  lauren--x on Sun May 17, 2009 7:26 pm

exactly guys like... I'm 18 now, I;m older than Rih was, I could take up fame knowing how hard it can be from being a fan and seeing what Rih goes through but nobody actually knows til your in that position.

regardless of age, the good thing about Rih is it SEEMS she has a good head on her shoulders, some reliable friends and a supportive family, and with that you can get through anything.

Nobody died yall.. she'll be okay in time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:33 pm